Type of entity
Authorized form of name
Parallel form(s) of name
Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules
Other form(s) of name
- Langham General Conference Mennonite Church
Identifiers for corporate bodies
Dates of existence
Mennonites had arrived in the Langham area at the turn of the 20th century mainly from Kansas, Minnesota and the Dakotas. The Zoar Mennonite Church was first organized with fourteen families in Langham in 1910. The name "Zoar" was chosen from Isaiah 15:5 signifying a place of refuge. The meeting house was built in the town of Langham on 1st Street with the dedication service held on 16 August 1911.Another congregation was organized in the Waldheim area that completed their building in 1912. Initially the two congregations (Langham and Waldheim) were under one organization. This church joined the Conference of Mennonites in 1914, were affiliated with General Conference of Mennonites since 1917, and were a founding member of the Conference of Mennonites of Saskatchewan (later called Mennonite Church Saskatchewan).
In 1954 the building was expanded in part because the Bethesda Mennonite Church had dissolved in 1948 and many of its members joined the Zoar congregation in Langham. Further expansion and renovation occurred in 1974.
In 2018 the congregation replaced its old building with a new smaller building. It also changed its name to Langham Mennonite Fellowship.