Winkler Bible School (Winkler, Manitoba)

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Winkler Bible School (Winkler, Manitoba)

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

  • Winkler Bible Institute

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1925-1967

History

The school was a continuation of the Mennonite Brethren Bible School in Tschongraw, Crimea, Russia and was a private institution. The first leaders and teachers were Abraham H. Unruh, Gerhard J. Reimer, and Johann G. Wiens . In 1944 it became directly accountable to the Manitoba Mennonite Brethren Conference. In 1968 the name was changed to Winkler Bible Institute. The school closed in 1997.

Places

Winkler (Manitoba, Canada)

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Related entity

Winkler Bible Institute (Winkler, Manitoba) (1968-1997)

Identifier of the related entity

CA-CMBS-2016

Category of the relationship

temporal

Type of relationship

Winkler Bible Institute (Winkler, Manitoba) is the successor of Winkler Bible School (Winkler, Manitoba)

Dates of the relationship

Description of relationship

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

CA-CMBS-2016

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Revised and edited, 4 Nov. 2016. AHR

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Friesen, Bert. "Winkler Bible Institute (Winkler, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. November 1999. Web. 12 Mar 2015.

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC