Built in 1841, the top building (an Evangelical church) was moved in 1866 to Elgin St. and used as a tannery by Ringle and Stroh. The new church is presently used for shops is seen at bottom. Used in Hannes Schneider,p. 274A.
The corner stone laid for the Swedenborgian Church of the Good Shepherd. On platform, l-r: C.W. Hagen, ?, C.A. Ahrens, ?, J.M. Snyder, F. Schneider (son of J.M. Schneider), ?, ?, Rev. Spiers with a brass band. Not printed.
Foundation of Bethany Mennonite Church laid in 1908 after the old church (Evangelical United Mennonite Church; name chanded to Mennonite Brethren in Christ in 1884) built in 1877 was demolished. Used in Hannes Schneider, p. 158E.