Showing 444 results

Archival description
Churches
Advanced search options
Print preview View:

397 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

A church building in the 1960s

This is a photograph of an unidentified North American church, probably taken during the early 1960s. It shows a large brick building with an overhang in front of the door. Long narrow windows with panes of colored glass flank the door and run along the side of the church. A small, darker building with arched (church style) windows is located very close beside it.

Unknown

A Mennonite Church opposite Grudenz (Grudziadz?),

  • CA MAO 1994-1 123
  • Item
  • 1947

A Mennonite Church opposite Grudenz (Grudziadz?), Poland on the Vistula River after being abandoned during the post Second World War era. Duplicate photo included in file. Two copies of photo.

Unknown

A modern style church building with slanted roof

A modern style church building with slanted roof lines in both directions from a point aproximately two-thirds over from the left side of the front of the building. At the point where the slanted roof lines begin, a cross is mounted and projects above the roof. One low roofed house is partially seen to the right of the church beyond the fence. This church may have been located in Taiwan. The photo was taken by Frank H. Epp on his Asian tour.

Epp, Frank H., 1929-1986

After church service at Mfila Parish

This photograph shows the congregation of the Mfila Parish after the church service. In 1990, Mfila Parish was one of the larger of Kinshasa's 25+ congregations. Mfila has a solid concrete structure and electricity, although 10 yards behind the camera was a deep ravine caused by erosion, which was threatening to swallow the church building.

Burkholder, Byron, 1957-

Aftermath of the fire at Hagey Mennonite Church, 1953

  • CA MAO 2015-1-102
  • Item
  • 19 Feb 1953

Hagey Mennonite Church in ruins after being destroyed by a fire on February 19, 1953. This was the second fire that took place at this church, the first one was on January 15, 1950.

Results 1 to 15 of 444