Type of entity
Authorized form of name
Hanley Mennonite Church (Hanley, Saskatchewan)
Parallel form(s) of name
Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules
Other form(s) of name
Identifiers for corporate bodies
Dates of existence
Russian Mennonite immigrant families arrived in the Hanley area of Saskatchewan in the 1920s. They soon formed a congregation for worship, meeting in homes and farm buildings. In 1929 they completed their first meeting house. A larger meeting house was completed in 1956. During these years the congregation was part of the Nordheimer Gemeinde, a multi-congregation church. The Nordheimer Gemeinde was dissolved in 1975. Thereafter, the congregations gradually emerged as independent congregations. In 1976 the membership was 102. By 1980 the congregation was independent although there were still associations with the other independent congregations which emerged from the Gemeinde. In 1986 the membership was 108. In 2000 it was 98.
Functions, occupations and activities
Mandates/sources of authority
Access points area
Subject access points
Place access points
Authority record identifier
Rules and/or conventions used
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
History added for MHA fonds July 8, 2020 by AHR.
Epp, Marlene and Richard D. Thiessen. "Hanley Mennonite Church (Hanley, Saskatchewan, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. July 2010. Web. 23 Mar 2018.