Albany Mennonite Church (Albany, Oregon)

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Albany Mennonite Church (Albany, Oregon)

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

The Albany Mennonite Church is a member of the Pacific Northwest Mennonite Conference (Mennonite Church USA). This congregation had its beginning in 1898 when several Mennonite families began to meet in schools to worship. Later they obtained a small rural building known as the Geisendorfer church. Here the congregation was organized by Bishop David Garber of Idaho in 1899. John P. Bontrager served this congregation almost continuously from its beginning, first as pastor and later as bishop after he moved to California. In 1999 the congregation merged with the Bethany Mennonite Church. Its membership in 2006 was approximately 140.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places