Bethel Mennonite Church (Winnipeg, Manitoba)

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Bethel Mennonite Church (Winnipeg, Manitoba)

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

  • Bethel Mennonite Mission church

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1938-

History

Bethel Mennonite Church began in January 1938 when Benjamin Ewert, a minister ordained by the Bergthaler Mennonite Church, was commissioned by the Canadian Conference of Mennonites to visit Mennonite families in Winnipeg and surrounding settlements. At first they held service in the Emmanual Baptist Church at Sargent Avenue and Furby Street. Later they rented a church at the corner of Sherbrook Street and Sargent Avenue and held services there until 1945, when they purchased a church building at 103 Furby Street. In 1955 a property was acquired at the corner of Stafford and Carter and built a new church building. Known initially as the Bethel Mission or Bethel Mennonite Mission Chruch, the name became Bethel Mennonite church when then relocated to Stafford Avenue in 1955.

Places

Stafford and Carter (Winnipeg, Manitoba)

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Related entity

Bethel Mennonite Mission Church (Winnipeg, Manitoba) (1945-1955)

Identifier of the related entity

CA-MHC-2016

Category of the relationship

temporal

Type of relationship

Bethel Mennonite Mission Church (Winnipeg, Manitoba) is the predecessor of Bethel Mennonite Church (Winnipeg, Manitoba)

Dates of the relationship

Description of relationship

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

CA-MHC-2016

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC