Fonds ORG - Aberdeen Mennonite Church fonds

Identity area

Reference code

CA MHC ORG

Title

Aberdeen Mennonite Church fonds

Date(s)

  • 1956-2018 (Creation)

Level of description

Fonds

Extent and medium

24 cm of textual records

Context area

Name of creator

(1907-)

Administrative history

Aberdeen Mennonite Church began services and formally organized in 1907 as a branch of the Rosenorter Mennonite Church group in Saskatchewan. A dedication service for the church's first building was held on 12 June 1910. The members were Mennonite families that had come from Mennonite settlements in Manitoba. In 1962 the Rosenorter Gemeinde was dissolved and each congregation became independent. It was also during the 1960s that the language of worship transitioned from German to English.

Archival history

Immediate source of acquisition or transfer

the congregation

Content and structure area

Scope and content

This fonds consists of bulletins (1982-2018), newsletters (1982), minutes (1976-2000), annual reports (1956-1996) and constitution([197-]) The records pertain to the development of the Mennonite congregation at Aberdeen, Saskatchewan and they documents the leaders and participants of this congregation.

Appraisal, destruction and scheduling

Accruals

System of arrangement

Conditions of access and use area

Conditions governing access

Conditions governing reproduction

Language of material

Script of material

Language and script notes

Physical characteristics and technical requirements

Finding aids

Inventory file list

Allied materials area

Existence and location of originals

Existence and location of copies

Related units of description

Related descriptions

Notes area

Alternative identifier(s)

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Genre access points

Description control area

Description identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation revision deletion

By Bert Friesen 8 January 2002.

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Accession area